Wednesday, April 25, 2012

BRAhemian Rhapsody

Originally written 4/15/2010

There are many things about me that are stereo-typical housewife. For Instance: I love the Oprah show, and am inspired by her all the time. One of the most popular Oprah episodes of this decade was the infamous bra sizing episode– the studio audience was surprised to receive fittings for their “over the shoulder boulder holders” by Nordstrom’s lingerie fit experts. That episode revealed that something like 1 in 3 women are wearing the wrong sized lady lifter.
I was one of the statistics!
This week, I decided I needed a professionals help to find the right bra for me… I have recently lost about 40 pounds and I had no idea what was going on with my “girls.” The bras I had been wearing were riding up in the back, gaping in the front, and the shoulder straps were constantly and annoyingly falling down. Something had to give! So, I went to find out what secret Victoria wasn’t telling!
Victoria’s Secret stores offer personalized bra fittings without an appointment. I was a little apprehensive at first, not knowing what to expect. I am a self-conscience, modest lady and the idea of baring my ta-tas to a complete stranger who looked like a Maxim Girl, wasn’t really my idea of a good time. However, my experience was very positive at Victoria’s. The fit expert roughly measured me (blouse on) to begin with. She grabbed a bra in the generic first measure size. I tried it on (privately, in a dressing room) discussed what about it fit, and what didn’t and we went from there using the trial and error process until we came up with a winner! My new bra was a band size smaller and a cup size larger than the ones I had been wearing. ( I would have never even thought to try on my REAL size)
I wore my new “breast friend” today, the difference was astounding! My back didn’t hurt. My girls didn’t pour out of there holders every time I bent over. My shoulder straps stayed in place— ALL DAY LONG! I spent zero minutes adjusting, tugging, and tucking. I even look thinner. It’s amazing what the RIGHT sized bra can do! Its actually FREEING to have the ladies LOCKED up right where they belong! I encourage you to go find out what size you really are, and then sing the praises of the BRAhemian Rhapsody with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment