Monday, January 20, 2014

Mavyn Moms & Pinup Pals: Brody Bombshell

Varga Photography MUAH by Portia Lynn Dahl
 
1.  Tell me a little about your children (names/ages/fun facts)
 
  I have two daughters. Arlene is 3 years old. She is named after my Grandmother and is very smart and artistic. She loves to read and to draw. Bettie will be 2 in March. She is named after Ms. Bettie Page and is my little ginger firecracker. If there is something she can get into Bettie is there and with attitude to boot!
 

 
2. How long have you been involved in the pin-up community/ taking pin-up photos?
 I have been involved in the pinup community since 2007. It has been a long road with its ups and downs but I have loved every minute of it.
 
 
 3. How has being a pin-up affected your parenting (ie.. what has pinup brought to you that makes you a better mom, or lessons you've learned through pinup that you can teach your children...) 
 
 I would say that pinup was just ad addition to my already “old-fashioned” nature. I was raised in an Italian American family and my upbringing was very traditional. That is how I got into pinup. I have always had a love for older things or things from the past. I would say that that has helped me to be a better parent to my children. It has made me more present in their lives. My children are still very young but already understand the concept of helping out around the house and cleaning up after themselves. My oldest is learning how to cook. I would say if it weren’t for my upbringing being the way it was that pinup would have helped me realize the importance of these things and would have helped me to bring them home. The one thing that I would say that one thing that pinup has taught me that I will pass on to my girls is to love yourself. Not everyone is going to like you or approve of what you are doing but it is very important to follow what you love and to make yourself happy
 
4.  Has Pin-up brought any obstacles to your mom life?
I think that the biggest obstacle that Pin-up has brought to my life is time. I am a single mom and I work full time as a 911 dispatcher so my free time is limited as is. A lot of people may not realize how much time is put into each shoot. While the shoot may just take one afternoon there is a lot of prep time put into hair, wardrobe, styling of the shoot. I have just made a promise to myself to make time for it. It is my one true passion and I believe that happiness in the end will make me a happier and better parent.
 
 Dynamite Dames Photography  MUAH Vintage Flair
 
5. Tell me about the photos you chose to share... why are they your favorite?
 I chose to include photos from the photographers that I have found to be most inspirational and that have taught me the most over the years. The first photo is by Roy Varga. The second photo is by Dynamite Dames. The third photo is by one of my dearest friends Christi Williams of Grinkie Photography. It also chose this one because it was taken in my own home.
  Grinkie Photography MUAH by Brody Bombshell
 
 6. Do you have any words of wisdom to share with other pin-up moms out there, or maybe some ladies that are considering getting involved with pin-up?
I would say first that pin-up take a lot of time and a lot of money. It is NOT at all a source of extra income so you must be sure that you can afford the time/money needed to do it while still being a present parent. If you have a little extra time and money, I say GO FOR IT! It is a great hobby to have with a great community of women, many of which are parents as well. The support system I have found with these women has been unbelievable.
 
To see more from the lovely Brody Bombshell please visit her facebook page
Want to be a featured Mavyn Mom and Pinup Pal?  Email me at devynbeth@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment