Saturday, January 18, 2014

Catch Up

Geeze Louise, I have been on quite a little blogging hiatus lately.  My lovely little laptop's hard-drive crashed, then after it was fixed, the battery charger stopped working (and my battery needs to be replaced so it barely functions without being plugged in.)  Being the thrifty, frugal shopper that I am instead of buying the charger from Best Buy for $60, I found one on ebay for only $12,  however when I got it.. the term "universal" didn't apply to my laptop because the plug didn't fit.    Anyway with my lack of working computer this past month, I have not been able to post on here, and that has really bothered me.  But I am back now, and look for weekly features to start up again next week!  

So since I have been gone since right before Christmas, I  thought I would fill you in on how things have been since then.

--Christmas was one of the best Christmases I've had in a long time, I hosted my family in my home and everyone got a long super well, we ate great food, and exchanged great gifts.  My husband got me a super amazing and eccentric vintage tiger print coat that I love,  I got him a bank account to gather funds to spend on his 66 Mustang with a promise to deposit at least $50 per month in it.  Will got tons of stuff to do arts and crafts with which he is really into these days, and Shaylee got two pairs of boots that she has desperately wanted for some time. 

--New Year's we didn't do much, but we did eat some really good tacos.

-- My computer had drama

--My husband's car broke down  and it took over a week to get it running again

-- I used some of my Christmas gift money to get a new tattoo,  its a cute little birdy on my forearm that is holding a banner that says "worthy."  I chose this because #1 the bird is cute and reminds me of the birds in fairy tales like Snow White and Cinderella that always help the princesses with their chores.  #2 My bird and his little banner helps  me to remember my worth, sometimes I forget.. now I have a constant reminder 

--I really want to get another part time job,  not having a real good reason to get out into the world and get dolled up on a regular basis is bringing me down a little.. plus the extra funds would be helpful, so I have been on a little search for something that would be a good fit for me... still looking. 

That's about it for now, sorry I have been away for so long!  I really love this blog and I always hate when I feel like I neglect it.    How have you all been? 


No comments:

Post a Comment