Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday: Red, Black, and White Elephant

I am a sucker for dressing for an occasion, and for me going to a Christmas party.. even if it is  a very casual white-elephant gift exchange party.. is still something to plan an outfit for!   This ensemble was perfect, because it is very laid back and casual, it speaks to my vintage style, and the red and white plaid print just screams "have a holly, jolly, Christmas" to me. To add a touch of fun and whimsy, I paired it with a polka dot cardi.. mixing prints is a fun way to give a splash of "not too serious, but still fashion-minded" to any outfit!  

The best thing about this outfit is probably it's tiny price tag!  I picked up the vintage day dress at a re-sale shop for only $7.  I snagged the cardigan at a Forever 21 clearance sale for $5, and I won the boots from B.A.I.T. Footwear for free by reposting one of their instagram photos in a share contest.  That means the outfit was on only $12!  I am a firm believer in the fact that you don't need a ton of money to dress with style, sometimes you just need to be a little creative, and a savvy shopper.

 
 
 



Psst... remember this dress?  I blogged about it a few months ago back in September, look how different it looks with just slightly different styling!  The key to a good wardrobe piece is versatility.  If you can't think of at least 3 different ways to style something, you may not need to adopt it into your wardrobe.  I can still think of many more ways to wear this dress!  It was definitely a good find!

1 comment: