Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday: Dressing for Autumn

It is officially Autumn!  The mornings are starting to be brisk and the afternoon temperatures are struggling to rise too much higher than 80 degrees.  I love this time of year.   Sunflowers are in full bloom, the wheat is high and the leaves are changing.  The Midwest is at its most beautiful in this season.

This outfit reflects a little of the feel of fall with its rusty red and wheat brown.  The dress is a vintage, that I found at a local resale shop for only $7.  The sweater is from target and my flower broach (a nod to the fall sunflowers) is vintage and given to me from my mother in law.   Usually, when I think of adding a cardigan to a mostly red dress I go with navy or black,  but picking this wheat brown really gives it that autumnal flair.


* A fun way to change the look of a full skirted dress is to add a petticoat or crinoline, I am wearing one in the picture above, and not wearing one in the picture below, see how it changes the silhouette of the dress.



I added some more fall colors with my yellow and brown hair flowers.  Always have fun with your accessories, they are a great way to add a pop of a different complimentary color to your outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment