I know that I am not the only "Mavyn Mom" out there, so I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my pin-up mommy friends in a weekly feature called " Mavyn Moms and Pinup Pals." Each lady will be sharing a few of her pin-up photos and answering a few questions about how she balances the different sides of her life and how they compliment each other!
In this premiere post I will be answering the interview questions and sharing some photos myself!
Mavyn Moms and Pinup Pals
|Photo by Hometown Betties Photography|
1. Tell me a little about your children (names/ages/fun facts)
I have a 10 year old daughter named Shaylee-- she is a spunky little blondie with a flair for the dramatic, she loves singing, dancing and acting. My son, Will, is 5 years old and he's all boy. He loves extreme sports like bmx biking and skateboarding and is also quite the little hip hop dancer..he hopes to be in the x games someday.
2. How long have you been involved in the pin-up community/ taking pin-up photos
My first pin-up shoot was in 2011 it was a mother's day gift from my husband. The first time I saw myself all dolled up.. it made me feel like I finally looked like the person I felt like on the inside. I have always loved vintage fashions and style, pin-up brings it all together for me.
|Photo by Vixen Pin-Up Photography, Makeup by Candy Cunningham Hair by Vintage Flair|
4. Has Pin-up brought any obstacles to your mom life? Not really, except for the weird looks I get when I pick up my kids from school wearing a vintage dress and my hair in victory rolls. I live in a suburb where the normal out fit is jeans and a college team t-shirt. I like to dress in the vintage/pin up style most of the time so I tend to stand out. Thankfully my kids are proud of me and not embarrassed.
|Paper Moon Photography by Charlie Girl Makeup by Charlie Girl, Hair by Nikki Moreno-Whipple|
5. Tell me about the photos you chose to share... why are they your favorite?
The Minnie Mouse photos where so fun to take, and they were taken by a dear friend of mine. We had such a great time collaborating together and I love the way they turned out.
The sailor picture is so special to me because I am wearing my grandpa's Navy uniform shirt from 1956. My grandpa is really more like my "dad," so I loved that I could honor him in this way.
The kitchen photo has such a classic "50s housewife" look that I thought it represented the essence of my life as mommy and wife.
The photo with the pink dress is from my first ever pin-up shoot and will always have a special place in my heart because of being the first.
6. Do you have any words of wisdom to share with other pin-up moms out there, or maybe some ladies that are considering getting involved with pin-up? Follow your heart. You will be a better mom if you fulfill your own dreams and desires. Our kids want us to be happy just as much as we want our kids to be happy. You can be both a mommy and a maven!
|Vixen Pin-up Photography MUA- Candy Cunningham Hair by Nikki Moreno-Whipple|