Monday, February 25, 2013

Greetings from Kansas City

It is snowing (again) as I am writing this.  Last Thursday, Kansas City was pounded with Old Man Winter's furry with a record breaking snow storm  "Snowmaggedon" as some called it.  The airport closed down, the malls closed down and there were countless of cars stuck in snow banks all over the roads.  Today it is snowing again... possibly Snowmaggedon round II. 

I had a little fun with the first round of snow, to try to prevent from going stir crazy from being literally snowed in,  (a 4 foot bank of snow at my street's intersection prevented us from leaving home until the city's plow trucks finally removed it)  I decided to take some pictures.

When I was a kid, I remember my grandma taking a similar photo as a joke to a friend who was vacationing in some warm tropical location, while Kansas City was buried in snow.  I thought it was so funny! 

1 comment: