Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Live in the Now

The past few days I have been increasingly more aware of how quickly my kids are growing up.  My daughter, Shaylee,  has become a full-fledged tween. All of the sudden and out of no-where her personality has grown more mature.  She wants to shop for  necklaces and earrings instead of dolls and teddy bears.  My son, Will,  is so tall his head now hits me at my waist.  He is learning to skate board and can even pop wheelies without falling off.

The time  since they were babies has gone by in a wink and I feel guilty for all the times I had wished it would go by sooner.. those times when I was frustrated with locking in a car seat and I said to myself, "I can't wait until I don't have to mess with these stupid car seats,  or the times I wished I "never had to change another diaper.."   little things like that... now I find myself looking back and missing them.

Will is going to kindergarten this fall, a day that I have been looking forward to... the "end" of my 10 years of having a child home with me during the day every day.  I am beginning to realize how quickly those 10 years have just evaporated like a water ring on a picnic table on a hot summer's day.   I am pretty sure I am going to cry a whole bunch on the first  day of school this fall.  Plus, Shaylee will be going into 5th grade.. her last year in elementary school.. which means I will be a total mess the last day of school  during the 2013-2014 school year too... ugh.

Okay, enough worrying about next school year and how fast my kids are growing up.  I am really going to try extra hard to live in the now.  So I am going to post this, then shut my lap top down, and go peak at my sleeping kiddos and kiss them on the forehead and go crawl into bed myself...(it's almost midnight)   Good night my loyal bloggy friends!  Here's to living in the now!


 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment