1. Sunday, I went with two of my lovely friends to the last day of the Kansas City Renaissance Festival. So many fun things to see, like a giant captain kangaroo?
2. The kids were out of school Thursday and Friday for parent-teacher conferences. So, on Thursday we had a fun day out with my mom. Grandma Beckie treated us to lunch with the dinosaurs at T-Rex Cafe, and then we did a little shopping.
3. This Friday was the third Friday of October which means the boutique, Retro Vixen, that I work part time for was open late and running specials. This month we celebrated Halloween early at Retro Vixen and we dressed up! I love working the store on third Fridays, I get so see some favorite costumers and help match them to the perfect dress! It's a good time!
4. I received some finished photos from a photo shoot I did with Switchblade Betties Pin up Photography back in August. I had been anxiously waiting for these for a while, so when I checked my email and found them in my inbox, I gasped with joy! Here is one of the photos :)
5. Saturday, my family made our annual trip to the Schaakes Pumpkin Patch! It's one of my favorite traditions. This year, I was surprised to find out the name of the farm that I have been pronouncing like "Shakes" for the past 5 years, is actually pronounced like "Shock-ies" What a "shock." We were lucky enough to run into my aunt, uncle, and cousins in a crowd of hundreds of people too! If you live in the Kansas City area or Lawrence or Topeka, KS this is the patch to visit-- Free admission, lots of FREE play activities, and pumpkins are only 40cents per lb, we had 4 fun hours of entertainment for a mere $20 after purchasing our 50lbs of pumpkins.