Monday, September 17, 2012

Missing the Mountains

Part of my soul lives in the Rocky mountains.  It has been far too long since I've visited it.  I am feeling a little disconnected and my heart and soul long to be reunited with its missing piece.

I love the mountains.  I love the crisp mountain air that seems to cleanse your lungs as you breathe it in.  I love the smell of earthy-rocks, pine trees, and wild flower meadows.   I love how small I feel in the midst of such greatness and beauty.  I love how physically close God feels to me when I'm perched on a boulder, feet dangling, taking in the surrounding beauty.

I am born and raised in the plains of Kansas, but for whatever reason the mountains have always felt like HOME to me, and I am getting home-sick.


 
 
 
These Pictures are from Geoff's and my 10th anniversary trip in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment