Friday, June 22, 2012

Victory Roll Victory

I love vintage style clothes, makeup, and hair.  My favorite vintage hair style is definately Victory Rolls, the hair style that helped win WWII, the ladies on the homefront were fixing their hair up right for the boys to come home to.

This hairstyle is a challenge, but if I can do it, anyone can.  You just have to try and try  and not give up, don't expect perfection right away.   Also, I had a little help from my friends, I was lucky enough to learn from the best at a seminar called "Pin-up 101" by the ladies at Vixen Pin-up Photography.  They usually do a few of these classes a year, I learned a ton about hair and makeup that I get to incorporate into my everyday life, as well as to prepare for parties and photo shoots and other special things.  Also get on Google, Pinterest, and Youtube and search Victory Roll tutorial and you will find lots of helpful resources to help you out.  Click HERE to see a video tutorial that I found super helpful!

I have been working on getting the perfect roll since April, I have finally got the hang of it and my rolls are what they should be.  Here is a pictoral progression of my efforts: 

First try 4/1/12

2nd Try 5/21/12
3rd Try 5/26/12
Most recent try 6/15/12

As you can see in a short amount a time, I've made much progress!  One thing I've learned is that good hair spray makes a BIG difference, get a good bottle,  I highly recommend the tried and true gold bottle of L'oreal Elnett hairspray, you can find it at Target for about twelve bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment