Monday, May 7, 2012

Why I love Pin-Up

If you know me at all, and maybe if you don't know me, you may have noticed my slight obsession with all things vintage, retro and pin-up.  

I love the history of the era, especially the 40's.  I love the fashion. I love the hair. Most of all, I love the delicate balance of  sexiness and modesty this kind of style is all about.  When my hair is curled and big, my lips are red, and I am wearing a flared out skirt or dress I feel the most ME and the most alive.

I love that a beautiful Pin-Up girl  has womanly curves, her thighs might even touch, and she is still too hot for words.  I love the confidence she exudes, and her extreme comfort within her skin.  Beauty isn't always a 5'10" 100lb super model, and I love that the Pin Up world gives women an alternative beauty role model.

Last year I received the most amazing Mother's day gift, a photo shoot at Vixen Pin-Up Photography.  Vixen is a team of best friends, Nikki Moreno-Whipple (hair-magician and photographer) and Candy Cunningham (makeup artist extraordinaire).  The ladies transform regular gals into smokin hot pin ups all the time, both outwardly and inwardly.  After my photo shoot the confidence in owning my new found pin up sexiness still lingers on today!

I created my etsy store,  Mavyn Made, to help chase after my love of pin-up.  I love working with fun retro-style fabric and sometimes real bonafied vintage fabric and trimmings.  I enjoy the creative part, but, I really just want to do my little part to spread the joy of pin-up style with others.  

Photo by Vixen Pin-up Photography


*unedited* photo by Vixen Pin-up Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment