Sunday, May 13, 2012

5 Things that made this Week Fabulous

1. Will, who is only 4 years old, learned how to ride his bike without training wheels.  I'd like to take some credit for this achievement but the truth is that little guy did it all by himself.  He has been a master of training wheel bike riding for some time now.  He went to a friend's house (Shout out to Nicholas!) and wanted to ride bikes, all the bikes to ride were training wheel free, but that didn't stop my man.. he just got on and figured it out!  Look for Will at the 2024 Xgames!!



2. I got to accompany my daughter, Shaylee,  and 50 or so other third graders to the Kauffman Center to enjoy the "Orchestra Moves" interactive concert with the KC symphony and to explore art at The Nelson Atkins Museam of Art.  The Shuttlecocks and Monet's Waterlillies are my favorite.





3.  One of my most favorite people in the whole world (shout out to Joey Figueiredo)  won a huge international hair competition and is going to the biggest hair industry convention in Orlando, FL all expenses paid!!  He worked super hard on both his contest entry,"Copper Shine,"  as well as promoting it.  Joey is one of the most hardworking, dedicated and driven people I know-- the boy is going places and is bound for fame!  He's the best and he totally deserved the win!
"Copper Shine"

4.  My mother's day gift was a fabulous pin-up photo shoot by Papermoon Photography by Charlie Girl at the fabulous  house of Vixen Pin-Up Photography.  Charlie is such a sweetie, it was so nice to meet and work with her, what a darling.  The girl does some crazy good makeup and I am sure the pictures will be fabulous (I haven't seen them yet!)   The always amazing Nikki Moreno-Whipple was also on hand,since the photo shoot took place in her beyond cute mid century style kitchen.  Nikki worked her hair magic and transformed my locks into something the great Marilyn Monroe would gladly wear.  The ladies made me feel like a million bucks!  I would rather spend my cash on that kind of experience over a boring old spa day any day!   Here is a cell phone pic of my amazing hair and makeup-


5.  Mother's Day!!!!  One of my favorite days of the year. I was treated to lunch at a cute little cafe, Celebrities. Then we headed to my grandma's house to spend time with the family.  My kids ran around and giggled with their cousin. I got to spend time with my kids, niece, husband,  grandparents, mom, step dad and brother.. and we all got along wonderfully!  I enjoyed  some yummy food that I didn't have to cook and ended the day with a cold beer and the season finale of Once Upon a Time, I am saving the finale of Housewives on my dvr for later, I have to catch up on a couple of episodes first.  All in all, it was a great day and a great week!
Lunch with my babies

My Mommy and my Bother and I

No comments:

Post a Comment