Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday: My New "Old" Favorite


 

I love vintage clothes.  I love the styles of bygone days,  they seem to flatter my body more than modern clothes.  I also love that they have a story.  I like to wonder and daydream about where the clothes have been and who in the past has owned them.    This vintage dress is from the 1950s and it is my new (old) favorite.  I found it at a local Kansas City  boutique "Cheap Chic," that has an eclectic mix of modern and vintage clothes, accessories, gifts and home-wares.  You will never quite know what you will find in the store as they have a little bit of everything.    This little blue day dress just happened to be there waiting for me and it fits like a glove. 


One of my favorite things about this dress is the delicately embroidered floral designs that make such an interesting pattern and texture. 
 

I styled it with a black cardigan for added warmth on a chili November day, my favorite belt, some vintage kitten heels that I already had the matched perfectly, and a broach that belonged to my great-grandmother.  A matching flower in my hair, rounded it out this classic "pin-up-girl" style look.


 A big thanks goes to Hometown Betties for these photographs!

1 comment:

  1. That is a lovely dress! It looks fantastic on you, and the color simply pops! I'd love a closer look at your broach.

    Hellcat Vintage

    ReplyDelete