Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thankful It's the Weekend

This week I had my wisdom-teeth pulled.  Which means, that for half of the week I just laid on the couch, took pain medicine, and felt sorry for myself.  Regardless of that black spot in my week, there was still a lot that happened to be thankful for!


1. Last Sunday I got to join some girls in suprising my very special friend, Jennifer, with at 40th birthday party.  This lady is pretty incredible, and yep, doesn't look 40, and she can run races (even half marathons) around most 20-somethings.

2. My family and I made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.  It's always one of my favorite days of the year.  My husband took off work and we took advantage of the kids' day off school and hit the local pumpkin farm on a crowd-free day!

3. I had the best tasting hamburger I have ever had at The Burger Stand at the Casbah in Lawrence, KS.. It had apple chutney on it.. sooo good. This place has been featured in several national magazines and does not disappoint.  Gourmet delicious food hidden in a bar. 

4. Despite the sucky-ness of having my wisdom teeth pulled.  I am still proud of myself that I went through with it.  I have a BIG, colossal fear of the dentist.. and this was pretty monumental of me in overcoming that fear. Plus I got to be taken care of by my mommy for the day afterwards.

5. Even though, I wasn't quite feeling up to par after my dental work, I still managed to make it to a Halloween get-together with friends.  My husband and I dressed up as Mary Poppins and Bert the Chimney Sweep.. these costumes were super easy to put together and really fun to wear.

6. My facebook fan page reached over 1000 followers this week! That is pretty darn exciting! In celebration I am doing a giveaway.. don't forget to enter the raffle HERE.











2 comments:

  1. Does the burger place have veggie burgers? If so let's plan a lawrence day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The burger stand is amazing good! Your costumes are so cute your hubby looks just like Dick Van Dyke!

    ReplyDelete