Monday, October 21, 2013

Mavyn Moms & Pinup Pals: Rogue Radiance


Vixen Pin-up Photography  MUA -The Candy Shop,  Hair - Nikki Moreno-Whipple

 
1.  Tell me a little about your children (names/ages/fun facts)
Adrianna, 6 years old, when she was a toddler, her imaginary friend was Batman.

Trenton, 3 years old, this boy is obsessed with old school cars.
 


2. How long have you been involved in the pin-up community/ taking pin-up photos?
 In January 2011, I had to have a hysterectomy when Trenton was just 6 months old. I was feeling really down on myself about it. I knew that I needed to do something for me. I had always been interested in pin up. I have always had a special place in my heart for Gil Elvgren, Marilyn and just the style in general. On a whim, while playing on the internet, I starting looking for Kansas City Pin Up. I found Vixen Pin Up Photography and that they were having a Valentines day special. So I signed up for it. When I got the pictures back, I saw myself in a way I'd never seen myself before. I felt more confident from that day on. I was hooked from the very first shoot. After that, I saved up to do another shoot. I started meeting other pin ups from doing shoots where there were other awesome ladies hanging out. I started getting closer to many of the local ones when we all participated in the movie, House of Forbidden Secrets as extras. We had a lot of time to sit around and bond. I'm so proud to be a part of such an amazing community of ladies!

Photo/MUAH/hand painted set by Lu's Pin-Ups
 

3. How has being a pin-up affected your parenting?
I think that by getting involved in pin up, it has helped my self confidence. This has helped me teach my daughter that you can be both smart and beautiful, and that it's ok to express yourself. I believe that this has also helped me become more confident in my parenting skills, which has helped me not get so overwhelmed when dealing with the day to day trials of parenting.

 

4.  Has Pin-up brought any obstacles to your mom life?
 Pin up has brought more good things to my life than anything. It has caused some of my mommy friends to distance themselves from me though. The ones that don't understand the pin up way of life rarely talk to me anymore, and that's ok. I miss them sometimes, but we have gone our separate ways.
 

Photographer: Roy Varga  Hair: Portia Lyn Dahl MUA: Nikki Moreno-Whipple
 

5. Tell me about the photos you chose to share... why are they your favorite?
Batman pic:
This is one of my favorite pics ever! I got this signed pic when I was a kid. I love Adam west, he was the most amazing Batman! the picture is a great memory of hanging out with my dad, and the comics in photo are mostly his.

Film Noir pic:
This picture is amazing! I love how this set came out. Film noir movies make me happy, and so this photoshoot was an awesome opportunity for it. It's also the set that landed me the cover of Lush Kittens magazine!!

Kitchen pic:
This picture seems perfect for a mommy. It's the kitchen at the vixen house and I love that kitchen! It's so pretty!!! I am not eh best cook, but I do feel like I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so it seemed only fitting to do a photoshoot in their kitchen.

1920's beach set
This set was so fun! The set was unlike anything I've ever done before. It was so fun and these images are some of my favorite ones.


Do you have any words of wisdom for other pin-up moms out there, or maybe some ladies that are considering getting involved with pin-up?

Don't listen to anyone but yourself! You are beautiful and amazing! Just have lots of fun with pinup and don't take yourself so seriously, and you'll have a good time

Vixen Pin-Up Photography MUA-The Candy Shop Hair by Nikki Moreno-Whipple


No comments:

Post a Comment