Monday, August 26, 2013

Thankful it's (okay- was-) the Weekend

It's Monday morning and I realized I didn't get this post out... but better late than never, right?  Here is a quick recap of the high lights of last week.

1.  I got my car back from the body shop!  I was in a small accident that caused a lot of damage to my car, so thankful for insurance and that I wasn't hurt!  My little car is back and looking like she just rolled out of the factory.

2.  I am really seeing results from the diet I've put myself on this month.  I am the maid of honor in my cousin's wedding next month, and when I got my dress in from David's Bridal, its measurements were way off from the one I tried on, so it was very very very tight.  For the past three weeks, I have been eating a low-fat diet and amping up my workouts.  I have already lost an inch and three quarters from my waist and two and half inches from my hips.  The dress fits well  now!!

3. My good friend, Joey, of Daicy//Figueiredo  Salon and Photography was recently named the official stylist of Kansas City's favorite morning show, Kansas City Live.  He gets to go on the show frequently with his own segments about hair, makeup, and beauty--- I got to go on air with him this week and be his human prop/hair model.  Such a fun day!  We even got to meet Chris Kattan who was also a guest on the show that day.

4.  A relaxing Friday night dinner out and some light shopping with my bestie.... oh and a super good clearance sale at Forever 21--I picked up a chic tunic for $4.99 and a cute little chambray dress for $6.99.

5. I hosted a bridal shower for my cousin this Saturday.  I was super nervous! Everything turned out very well and I was so thankful for the help and contributions of all the other bridesmaids-- I definitely could not have done it alone!




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment