Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Missing Dianna

I haven't made any posts for a few weeks.  The day after my last post I heard the news that a friend of mine, Dianna,  had passed away... completely unexpectedly from a freak motorcycle accident.   It was shocking, heart-breaking, unbelievable news.

I met Dianna for the first time last year at Retro Vixen, the shop where I work part time,  she was very friendly and super personable.  We even found out that we have the exact same measurements so we would trade clothes with each other from time to time. :)   I got to know her more through our mutual love of Pin-up--we were extras together in the soon to be released film, The House of Forbidden Secrets together, we went to lots of the same  fun social gatherings, and she crowned me KC Rockabilly Prom Queen (she was a big deal in the KC rockabilly scene .)  She was a sweet girl, who really had her stuff together.  As I right this, it still doesn't even seem real that she is really gone.

Dianna's pin-up alter ego's name was "Voodoo Laroux"-- a name totally befitting of such a gorgeous red-head.  She was lucky enough to be featured in many magazines, in the 2012 Pin-ups for Pit-bulls calendar, and most recently she has 4 photos in the current issue of the highly coveted Retro Lovely magazine.  She definitely has a legacy, and I am glad she left it with us.

I don't have very much experience with death, the only loss I've every really experienced was the loss of my great-grandparents and those were years ago.  I do know that I don't handle it well.  I don't give myself permission to cry enough, and then I feel guilty when I start to feel happy again... this is why I haven't been blogging somehow I feel guilty by moving on and going back to life as usual... I do know that my sweet red-headed friend would not want me to feel like that, so I'm getting back into the swing of things.


Photo by Lu's PinUps
Featured in Retro Lovely #11  Photo by Vixen Pin-Up Photography

Photo by Vixen Pin-Up Photography



 
"... The ballad of a dove
Go with peace and love
Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket
Save them for a time when you're really gonna need them, oh

The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time..."

 
--Lyrics from "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry 

No comments:

Post a Comment