Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday: The Doris Skirt

First, I must say that I am a HUGE fan of the lovely modern pin-up girl ,  Miss Doris Mayday.  She is to me what Tony Hawk is to my skate board loving husband.  I think she's just gorgeous, and I love that she has some killer curves---its so good for girls (and even grown women) to see beauty in more than just 5'10 and stickly.  Seeing photos of her a few years ago is what inspired me to really dive in to my love of pin-up and vintage style.

Doris Mayday

Doris is a model, spokes woman, and manager of the Pin Up Girl Boutique in Burbank, CA.  Which features clothing from the official Pin Up Girl Clothing lines.   I am super duper excited to visit this store this summer while on vacation.  I really hope I get to meet Doris in person, although I will probably act like a star struck nerd--- hopefully I will play it cool, I just have to practice a little before hand.. haha.    

Pin Up Girl Clothing has named a few of their clothing items for their brand, Pin Up Couture after Doris-- the skirt I am blogging about today is one of them.   I have been saving my pennies to treat myself to a little shopping spree when I make it to the store, but I also had to have something appropriate to wear while I'm having that little spree (girl problems.)   I had been wanting a Doris skirt for a while and when an online sale I couldn't refuse happened one weekend, I pounced!





I absolutely love the skirt!  It is so comfortable and flattering, and the atomic print and colors are so fun.  The fabric is the perfect weight, not too heavy, and not too light--- this skirt will be something I wear in every season.  The black belt that came with it is amazing, it really defines my waist and I will be wearing it with all of my skirts from now on.  To make an outfit I jut threw on an inexpensive ($5 from Walmart) tank top and some black flats.  The skirt was bit of a splurge for me, so the tank top was a budget friendly fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment