Sunday, December 2, 2012

Intro to 12 Days of Christmas Challenge 2012

Do you remember how you felt when you were a child, the day the calendar page turned to December? The anticipation of Christmas and all its magic kicked in.  There would be so many fun days leading up to the big unwrapping fest Christmas morning-- parties, cookie baking days, wrapping presents, seeing all the wonderful decorations throughout the city..it was truly my favorite month of the year.

My friend, Sandra, posted a blog about making Christmas less stressful and more memorable by focusing on the little things that make it special.  So, I decided to challenge myself to do just that this Christmas season.   I get really stressed out when I think about buying what seems like hundreds of gifts on my shoe-string budget, and as a result I've started to resent the season that I used to love so much, that is supposed to be about peace, joy, and redemption.   I think this will help to bring back the magic!

So in the month of December, I am challenging myself, and any of you that may want to "play" along to do some kind of special holiday activity on at least 12 days of the month.  They don't need to be grand, they can be simple like baking and decorating cookies, watching a Christmas movie with the family, touring your city to look at the best light displays.  Holiday parties, decorating the tree,  visiting Santa, building a snowman... these are all things that I looked forward to as a child. 

If you live in the Kansas City area, KC parent magazine has put together a fabulous list of free or inexpensive activities that are happening throughout the metro-- any of these would be great for one or more of your "12 days of Christmas" Read about them HERE.

If you are interested in joining me, I would love to read about what you are doing!  Follow me on Twitter (@devynbeth) and tag me in your tweet your activity like this "seeing Santa #12daysofchristmas day 1 w/@devynbeth"  Or post on my facebook page!


Here is a Badge you can display on your blog page, if you like, and a link that will bring you back here.

 
 
 
Displaying the badge and playing along?  Comment with a link to your blog below so I can follow you!

No comments:

Post a Comment