Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Take me Back Tuesday: Teddy Bear Picnic

Last week, I wrote about missing the mountains.  I grew up visiting the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado almost yearly.  I love the mountains and I love the little mountain town, Estes Park, just as much.  I used to dream of owning my own tourist-gift-shop on the town's main street.  I always collected teddy bears, so I knew I wanted my shop to be a teddy bear shop, and I would call it "Teddy Bear's Picnic."   I would sell nothing but teddy bears, and teddy bear themed items.  No plush cats, or dogs, or bunnies.. just bears.   That was my plan for my future from age 6 to age 10,  I thought that I could also be a children's book author on the side, and during the shop's off season.  



I still think its a good idea, maybe someday, perhaps a retirement job.   I am pretty sure a grandma that owned a teddy bear shop and wrote children's books would be the coolest grandma in the world, and I've always felt that someday I would end up living at the foot of the mountains.  Maybe 30 years from now  I will.  Although, I might need to add some cupcakes or coffee to the store too, teddy bears might not be a  hot ticket item. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment