Sunday, July 8, 2012

5 Things That Made this Week Fabulous: Wisconsin Vacation Edition

1.  Spending Monday at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.  That lake is by far the prettiest lake I have ever been to. The water was so clear you could see straight down to the seashells hidden on the floor of the shallow areas, and in deeper water the color of the water looked aqua-marine.  I spent most of the day having the time of my life being drug behind a ski boat on an inner tube, or my favorite, "The Jumbo Dog." To stay on the dog, I had to cling to it with my inner thighs.... what a work out, my legs were sore for a few days.


2. Going to the Brewers game.  It was hotter than hot that day, 104 at least and suffocating humidity. We tail-gated despite the heat, but I got to eat one of the best tasting hot dogs I've ever had, drank a couple of  Miller Lights at Miller Park and got to spend time with family I don't get to see very often. So, it was a fabulous day, anyway.



3.  4th of July!!  One of my favorite days of the year!  It was another scorcher!  We got to watch a fun parade in the morning.  Family cook out in the afternoon... oh and cook out is an understatement, we DINED on fine food.  Aunt Cheri makes a famous prime rib.. we had that AND  blueberry cured  elk, fresh corn on the cob and an insanely good berry cobbler.    Later we watched fireworks. It was a perfect day!



4.   Thursday, Geoff and I went  store-exploring and found some neat-o resale stores in the Milwaukee area.  We visited Tip Top Atomic Shop, Luv Unlimited, ReTique, and Re-Threads.  They were all such fun interesting stores and we had a great time perusing their goods.  I found a vintage ShipNShore blouse, a fun 60's skirt, and a cool maxi dress all for  40 bucks.  Geoff got a vintage checkered Esprit shirt, and a vintage Le Tigre polo for a total of only $14.  




5.  Friday, we were treated by Uncle Keith to a fishing excursion on Lake Michigan.  He chartered a fishing boat for us.  The fishing guide, Danny, did everything for us, he set the lines, navigated the boat and let us real in the fish.  Then he cleaned the fish for us before we left for home.   Geoff caught the biggest salmon at 20lbs, all in all we took home over 70lbs of fish.  That evening we ate the freshest, best tasting smoked salmon I've ever tasted!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous vacation and your family looks like they are just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete