Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Take Me back Tuesday-- D+G=Luv

I met  Geoff Lundy the first week in September in 1999.  It was the first night of  my college freshman year.  I had previously picked his picture out of the 1998-1999 Central Christian College year book, as potential boyfriend material (he is a year older than me.)  So when he was the resident assistant assigned to lead my small group on a tour of the campus I knew that we were destined to meet. 

I was wearing a baby blue smokey the bear t-shirt with brown cordoroy pants and blue Sketchers.  My short punky hair was half pulled back with a little blue bow. I looked pretty darn cute, and I knew it, so I flirted with the handsome tall blond boy from southern California.  I remember the first thing I asked him was "Whose your favorite band?" --That was always a sure-fire convo starter with most guys, in my experience

We became good friends, and spent a lot of time together.  Soon the small 300 student campus began talking about "us."   It was October 18, 1999 and I was sitting on the bleachers near my dorm, Geoff met me there and wanted to talk.  This was our conversation:

Geoff:  So  a lot of people have been asking me, "what's up with you and Devyn?"
Me:  Yeah, they've been asking me the same thing
Geoff:   So what have you been telling them?
Me:  That we have fun together, and we're pretty good friends
Geoff:  Well, I guess you can tell them that we are boyfriend and girlfriend if you want to
Me:  Oh, OK!
Geoff:  So how does this change things?
Me:  Um, I guess we can hold hands now!

Geoff and I in 1999


I always laugh when I think about the day we became a couple.  We were so awkward and innocent.  Now that we've been married for almost 12 years, its funny how I can still remember that day like it was a second ago.   We still are really good friends and have a lot of fun together, and we hold hands!

Mr. and Mrs Lundy  June 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment