Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Take Me Away {For the Holidays} Tuesday: Hawaii

Christmastime through out my childhood was always set to music.  I spent so much time at my grandparents' house, and during the holidays, whenever we did something  especially Christmas-y like decorate the tree, wrap gifts, or bake cookies  we would play one of the many holiday records on the record player.  My favorite by far was Bing Crosby's Merry Christmas album, and one of my favorite songs was, "Mele Kalikimaka." 

"Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say, on a bright Hawaiian Christmas day, it's the island  greeting that they send to you, from the land where palm trees sway! Here we know our Christmas will be green and bright, the sun will shine by day and all the stars at night. Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way of saying Merry Christmas to you! "    I just love that song so much!  Also I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, I mean, who hasn't?   My grandparents visited Hawaii a handful of times in the 80s and they always went in December, and really I think that would be the best time of year to visit!   Would somebody please take me away to Hawaii for the holidays?  







No comments:

Post a Comment