Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday: Shop Small this Holiday Season

I know that when I started "Wardrobe Wednesday" posts that I intended to show outfits comprised mostly of thrift store bargains, to inspire you to get out and go thrifting and to stop using money as an excuse to wear clothes that make you happy.  Today's outfit is different.  Today I want to talk about shopping small..... shopping small businesses that is.   I am as frugal and cheap as they come, but I don't mind spending a little extra when I know my money is going to help someone pay their bills, buy groceries, and make ends meet.   In today's economy it is difficult to be a small business owner, so I applaud them.

I work part time at a small privately owned boutique, Retro Vixen.   I absolutely love working there and helping ladies find just the right dress, or purse, or pair of shoes.  Not only does the store have the cutest, unique, items but customers really do get great personal service when shopping.  I  once even showed a shopper how to do her hair in a vintage pin-up style to go with the dress she was buying.  We really appreciate each sale that is made and each person that shops at the store,  you are definitely getting a better shopping experience here than you would get at the big corporate places.


 
 
 
 
 
 

 
The Hell Bunny dress, Lux de Ville handbag, sunglasses,  and adorable red shoes are all from Retro Vixen.  The boutique tries to carry small independent labels as much as possible.  The store is filled with great dresses that would be perfect for up-coming holiday parties; and gifts starting at just $5!   When you are out doing your Christmas shopping this year, if you're in Kansas City please stop by the shop, I am sure we have something for someone on your list!  Retro Vixen will be running some fun specials on Black Friday too... a swag bag with fun surprises and a $10 gift card for the first 10 shoppers and 20% off all regularly priced items!    If you are not from Kansas City, you can shop online at www.retrovixenclothing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment